Congratulations to ‘Boom Boom’ Rich Kamermancini, who won for the second week running in last week’s 4×4 quiz. This week it was a lot closer, with a bunch of contestants very close behind his time.
This week you need to guess artists based on a few words from the song titles. The clues get shorter (but not necessarily more difficult) as the quiz goes on. There’s a skip button if you need to come back to any later.
I scored 40/40 with 5:03 remaining. Can you beat my time?
It sounds like the rock and roll hall of fame inductees for 2021 will be announced soon. While I find the process a little too nebulous and political, I’m still interested in the results. Who are your picks of the nominees this year?
- Mary J. Blige
- Kate Bush
- Foo Fighters
- The Go-Go’s
- Iron Maiden
- Chaka Khan
- Carole King
- Fela Kuti
- LL Cool J
- New York Dolls
- Rage Against the Machine
- Todd Rundgren
- Tina Turner
- Dionne Warwick
They normally pick 6. If I was in charge I’d take:
– Kate Bush – creative giant who’s made classic singles (‘Wuthering Heights’) and classic albums (Hounds of Love, Aerial)
– Fela Kuti – Africa is way underrepresented, and Kuti had a great back-catalogue.
– Iron Maiden – metal is also underrepresented
– Todd Rundgren – string of great albums in the early 1970s, and a sizeable contribution as a producer too.
– The Go-Go’s – pioneering all-female rock band who managed to combine critical acclaim and sales (their debut Beauty and the Beat went to number one).